At the heart of the L-ACOUSTICS® integrated system approach, the LA4 and LA8 amplified controllers offer cutting edge loudspeaker amplification, DSP, network control, and comprehensive system protection in a single ergonomic package.
Based on similar platforms, the LA4 and LA8 units deliver high performance and dynamic range for live applications, combined with the best possible transducer protection.
The LA4 and LA8 share the following characteristics:
• A 2U lightweight format for high amplifier density.
• A four-channel high efficiency amplifier section fed by two inputs.
• A DSP section featuring advanced filter algorithms and an exclusive L-DRIVE protection system for the transducers allowing optimum system performance.
• An on-board preset library to cover the L-ACOUSTICS® loudspeaker systems.
• An intuitive and ergonomic user interface, fully accessible from the front panel for standalone operation.
• Two I/O Ethernet ports for networking up to 253 LA4 and LA8 units, remote-monitored by PC-based LA NETWORK MANAGER software (Windows® compatible).
The specific features of each unit are the following:
• The LA4 delivers up to 4 x 1000 watts into 4 ohms.
• The LA8 delivers up to 4 x 1800 watts into 4 or 2.7 ohms.
• An AES/EBU input card is integrated to the LA8 for full digital signal chain. This feature is available as an option on the LA4.
• Each unit carries dedicated on-board preset library, relative to hardware requirements.
• The output connectors are SpeakON® for the LA4 and CA-COM®/SpeakON® for the LA8.
The unique ensemble of on-board features and the addition of peripherals are all offered in a secured and standardized environment. This approach simplifies system setting and operation with the benefit of superior and predictable audio results across the entire product range.